a new type of lung disease caused by the corona virus (COVID-19) has spread quickly in China. As the virus, which began from Hubei province in China, is spreading on a daily basis in other countries, it has already become a cause of concern for the global economy.
With this letter, we would like to inform you about the current effects on supplies and deliveries from RIPOL:
- RIPOL does not directly import from China any raw material needed for its production cycle.
- RIPOL has a stable network of sources of information and contacts as well as solid relations to suppliers, so that we can be informed in time about product fluctuations and shortages on the world market and we are able to react to them quickly.
- RIPOL will continue to monitor its supply chain, including raw material and intermediate suppliers and logistics providers, amid the coronavirus outbreak. Proactively managing our customer orders, inventory levels and open order levels is a critical path for us. We have established control to manage each of these areas and take the required precautions in order to prevent any supply disruptions.
The following preventive measures have already been taken:
- All customers will be informed about the current status of their order. We always try to make sure that all customers receive their products on the confirmed delivery date.
What effects does this have on deliveries from the Italian factory?
- From today’s point of view, the supply of raw materials and supplies is secured for the near future. We are therefore optimistic about the supply and delivery from RIPOL.
- This also applies to all orders via our European warehouses. This is because powder coatings are manufactured exclusively and completely in Italy in our factory in Santo Stefano Ticino (Milan).
We realize that this situation remains very dynamic, as information continues to change day-to-day, and we will continue to provide you with updates as we learn more and confirm logistics and delivery dates.
We remain committed to providing the superior service and support that our customers have come to expect of our company throughout this situation.
Please do not hesitate to contact your sales contact person if you have any questions.